Monday, February 17, 2014

Third time's a charm?

In the Easy as Pie saga, I first knit the LLI stitches as M1's because I did not understand the stitch description in the pattern. The result was a bit lumpy.


Then I knit the LLI stitches as KFB which reduces the lumpiness in the pie but left holes in the square around the pie.


Then I consulted the Internet about LLI and discovered, no, the pattern designer did not make up that stitch like I thought (because I am such an expert). In fact, here is a good description of LLI and all its cousins.

Now the lumps are gone, the holes are gone, and once again, we can forge ahead, having learned something new.


The only question remaining is, will I reknit the first two squares? Can you see the difference? Or will it just bother me?

No comments: